Montenigrin wines are made from wide range of grape varieties including: Krstač, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Vranac.
National vineyard „13. jul Plantaze”, settled in Cemovsko field, in Podgorica, the capital city of Montenegro, is the largest vineyard in Europe (2000 ha of vineyards and orchards).
Many families in Montenegro produce wines and those vineries are what we visit on our wine tasting tours. If you want to experience wine tasting combined with beautiful scenery come join us on this unique tour, where you’ll get the chance to visit three vineries from coast to the centar of Montenegro, taste different wines, try traditional Montenegrin cuisine and explore all of it’s beauty.
So let’s begin:
1. Day- Arrival at Podgorica or Tivat airport. Check in selected accommodation in Petrovac or Budva. We can provide accommodation and arrange transport from the all the neighboring airports (optional). Dinner in local restaurant Giardino with breath taking view on Budva Riviera. Wine tasting of domestic wine on the Adriatic coast. Overnight.
2. Day- Breakfast at hotel. Departure for full day trip in Old Bar/Ulcinj. Sightseeing of the old town of Bar, one of the most important cities in history of the coastal area. Visit of Old Olive tree, the oldest olive tree on the Mediterranean coast. We continue to the south towards Ulcinj, famous as a sunniest city in Montenegro and visit winery Milović (8 km from the city). Winery Milović is located in micro localities called Briska Gora, famous in Ulcinj wine growing region. In winery Milović you can try 5 different types of wine (that you choose) made of Vranac grapes. Wine tasting and lunch in winery. After the wine tasting, we return to the hotel. Possibility of organised dinner in restaurant “Medin” at Lučice beach (near Petrovac). Overnight.
3. Day- Breakfast at the hotel. Full day trip to Crmnica, the most famous region for wine production in Montenegro. First we are going to see Skadar Lake and have a boat ride over it. Skadar Lake is the biggest lake in Balkan Peninsula. You will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake, with clear, green water, very rich in flora and fauna. Skadar Lake is also famous for bird watching, since it’s a natural habitat for hundred different types of birds. After the ride, trip take us to family winery Buk (7 km from the lake) where we are going to have degustation of the wine (which you will choose) and domestic Montenegrin food (cheese, prosciutto, olives). Winery Buk is a small family winery that produce around 10.000 bottles per year. Types of wine are: Chardonnay, Vranac (indigenous wine grapes), Marselan and Rose. After the degustation, we ride to Podgorica. Check in the hotel. Free evening. Overnight.
4. Day- Breakfast at the hotel. Sightseeing of the Podgorica, capital of Montenegro. Driving to nearby wine cellar Šipčanik–Plantaže “13 Jul”. Plantaže are the biggest state owned producer in Montenegro. The cellar is situated about 30 meters under the ground. It is shaped like a tunnel, 356 meters long, 13.5 meters wide and 7 meters high. The temperature is constantly between 17 and 19 degrees, while the air humidity ranges between 70 and 80%. Degustation of wine with lunch or snack. Free evening. Overnight.
5. Day- Breakfast. Transfer to the airport Podgorica. End of trip.
Accommodation you choose between offered hotels.
In every winery you can choose how many types of wine you would like to try.
This tour includes:
2 BB in hotels Queen of Montenegro 4*/Splendid 5* /Rivijera 4* .
2 BB in Podgorica in Hotel: City 4*/Hotel Podgorica 4*
Wine degustation and lunches
Dinner in Giardino restaurant
Minivan or bus transport
Guide for the hole tour
Local taxes and entrance fees
Prices are available upon request.